Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bill will ride MX1 for Aprilia in 2009


Swiss rider Julien Bill has signed a long term contract with the Aprilia MX1 factory team; in the 2009 MX1 World Championship he will profit from the number one status.

After his last appearance on Honda two weeks ago in front of his home crowd at the Supercross of Geneva, Bill will entirely concentrate on his new task.

“The race in Geneva was very difficult for me. Due to a strong flu the week before Geneva, there I could not show my full potential. Furthermore I had to undertake a small surgery to get finally rid of a 5 year old injury,” the Swiss said.

“This intervention allows me to be again at 100% of my capacities. I am now very happy being able to focus entirely on my new bike.

“A two day test session in Italy has already been done and I am really surprised how well the bike behaved. The engine is really powerful and the general impression of the bike is good too. In order to improve it further on, we will work on the suspensions and we might change them but our aim is to surprise everybody by realising some really good results.

“Of course, there is still a huge work ahead of me but I am delighted to do a major part of this development. Apart from Aprilia I will be supported next year by Sinisalo, Tcx, Shoei, Scott and Agip."

No comments: