Monday, July 30, 2007

Aprilia of the week: Rebuilt 97 RS250‎


Please introduce yourself first. Who are you and where are you from?

My name is Steve Palmer and I've recently rebuit a written-off 97 RS250 (got to keep as many on the road as possible!).

Did you add any mods to your bike?

As well as new body work and a respray, it's got:
  • Arrow pipes - ceramic coated
  • Carbon front mudguard and hugger
  • Double bubble screen
  • Carbon Heel plates
  • Trimmed rear number plate holder
  • Removed rear footpegs and brackets
  • About 12Kg lighter than standard

I have no record of any engine work, but it goes like stink and has no funny noises, so i'll just ride it for now, and maybe rebuild the engine in the winter.

Why did you buy an Aprilia and what do you like so much about it?

I've recently done my first track day (at 49!) and it's took a bike like this for me to do it. Everything they say about outbraking and riding around the outside of the big diesels in the bends is totally true.

And what don’t you like about your bike?

All I need now is a track short enough to stop them coming past again on the straights!

Do you want your own Aprilia to be featured in Aprilia of the Week? Go find out how here

No comments: